19 May. 2022 18:00
What antimicrobials are
Antimicrobials are drugs which are used to fight infection, whether viral, bacterial or fungal.
Vetoquinol, antimicrobial expertise
With its wide range of veterinary products, Vetoquinol provides the most appropriate solution for every situation, allowing vets to address any situation:
• regardless of the species involved (cattle, pigs, dogs, cats)
• regardless of the affected tissue (lung, breast, bowel, skin, bladder, etc.)
• regardless of the severity of the infection
• regardless of the germ involved.
In addition, Vetoquinol provides a therapeutic arsenal which comprises all necessary dosage forms (tablets, injections, ear ointments, skin creams, etc.).
• providing antibiotic discs to test the sensitivity of bacterial strains
• regularly publishing updates on the sensitivity of bacterial strains to our antibiotics
• organising Vetoquinol Academia training session dedicated to antibiotics
• promoting the proper use of antibiotics (reasoned prescription)
• offering various audits to manage microbial pressure in clinics and on farms.
Vetoquinol, for rational antibiotic use
The fight against the development of bacterial resistance and the preservation of antibiotic activity have become a public health issue worldwide. For years, Vetoquinol has defended the rational use of antibiotics, both at various national and international professional bodies, and by developing specific products.
Thus Forcyl®, an antibiotic for livestock animals, confirms the Group's commitment with SISAAB (Single Injection Short Acting AntiBiotic) concept, a means to effectively combat acute respiratory infections in cattle while minimising the risk of developing antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
Among the products offered by Vétoquinol, the following are the most emblematic: Marbocyl®, Forcyl®, Ceftiocyl®, Clavaseptin®, Clindaseptin®, Cefaseptin®, Kefloril®, Aurizon®, Oridermyl®, Longamox®, Pen-Histra-Strep, Doxicor®, Amoxinsol®, Aluspray®, Linspec®, Permacyl®.
Warning: these web pages are intended for English speaking users, excluding users based on French territory. To access information for French residents, please visit the dedicated website: www.vetoquinol.fr. These pages are general information pages of the Vetoquinol Group. Products ranges are tailored to accommodate local demand and regulatory requirements which may change from one country to the next. For further information about the products in accordance with applicable national regulations, please refer to the Vetoquinol website for your country. The information provided depends on national registrations. The technical information is only accessible to authorised persons.