15 Sep. 2022 18:00
What is an antibiotic?
Antibiotics are drugs which are used to fight infection, whether viral, bacterial or fungal.
Vetoquinol, an expert in antibiotics for animals
With our wide range of antibiotics for animals, Vetoquinol has a solution for every situation faced by vets:
• Regardless of the species involved (cattle, pigs, dogs, cats)
• Regardless of the affected tissue (lung, breast, bowel, skin, bladder, etc.)
• Regardless of the severity of the infection
• Regardless of the germ involved
Vetoquinol provides an armamentarium with all type of dose needed: tablets, injections, ear ointments and skin creams
Alongside our antibiotics for animals, we offer services that help to fight infection by:
• Providing antibiotic discs to test the sensitivity of bacterial strains
• Regularly publishing updates on the sensitivity of bacterial strains to our antibiotics
• Organising training sessions dedicated to antibiotics
• Promoting the proper use of antibiotics (reasoned prescription)
• Offering various audits to manage microbial pressure in clinics and on farms
We stand for rational antibiotic use
Bacterial resistance has become a public health issue worldwide. But Vetoquinol proudly advocates for the rational use of antibiotics for animals. For years, Vetoquinol has stood for rational antibiotic use, at various national and international professional events and in the development of specific products.
We’ve also developed specific products that minimise the risk of developing antibiotic-resistant bacteria, such as Forcyl®. This SISAAB (Single Injection Short Acting AntiBiotic) effectively combats acute respiratory infections.
Among our range of antibiotics for animals are: Marbocyl®, Forcyl®, Ceftiocyl®, Clavaseptin®, Clindaseptin®, Cefaseptin®, Kefloril®, Aurizon®, Oridermyl®, Longamox® Pen-Histra-Strep, Doxicor®, Amoxinsol®, Aluspray®, Linspec® and Permacyl®.
These pages are general information pages of the Vetoquinol Group. Product ranges are tailored to accommodate local demand and regulatory requirements which may change from one country to the next. For further information about the products in accordance with applicable national regulations, please refer to the Vetoquinol website for your country. The information provided depends on national registrations. The technical information is only accessible to authorised persons.